Yes, good customer service is still important to your business
You are here: Home > Articles > Yes, good customer service is still important to your business

Yes, good customer service is still important to your business

Sometimes having an amazing product at a jaw dropping price is not enough to please customers. Here’s why good customer service can keep them coming back and tell other people about you.

Good customer service is the key to repeat business

70% of companies say it’s cheaper to retain a customer than acquire a new one, therefore looking after existing customers is important to keep them coming back to you for your services/products. They say it takes on average 7 pieces of marketing to attract new customers. Enticing these new customers also takes time and effort so money isn’t the only thing your team spends on them. In addition, when a customer comes to you with a problem dealing with it efficiently and courteously creates a pleasant experience which can be shared with others. Research has found that great service has the power to trigger reactions in the brain the same as when we feel loved. Positive word of mouth marketing is important because of the power of influence it holds and how organically it spreads.

Good customer service protects your reputation

Word of mouth can also be something that negatively affects your brand. I’m sure everyone can think of an instance where a social media blunder or customer service faux pas went viral and shamed a company in the process. Consistent good service can act as insurance if and when isolated incidents like these pop up. By providing good service to your customers, you are not only building a following for your brand, but also a group of supporters who may even refute any bad press about your company on your behalf, and therefore proving that one instance is not a usual occurrence.

Good customer service leads to business growth

A typical business hears from only about 4% of its dissatisfied customers, the other 96% just go away. Offering more flexible channels for customer service and then using them efficiently to provide excellent customer service creates the perfect package for your customers to delight in. One example of misused customer service channels is when McDonald’s introduced self-service kiosks inside their restaurants when 70% of their sales came from the Drive-Thru. Or when the most magical place on earth, Disneyland opened self-service check-in desks even though the services are almost as big an attraction as the characters roaming the park.

When any grievances from customers are easy to air and responded to quickly and helpfully, this signals the completion of a successful and pleasing customer journey. The next step is usually to leave reviews, share the experience and repeat a purchase and start the cycle again. This way your customers essentially start to do the selling for you.

Using CALLCARE’s Customer Service lines can cement your company’s reputation of dedication to customer care by providing unparalleled support 24/7. If you’d like to know more about how our services can help you then get in touch now.

 

All of the CALLCARE staff share their experiences of when our services are useful for different business, find them here on the blog and on our Linkedin page.

Posted in News

Some of CALLCARE’s Clients

Get A Quote

Your Name(*)

Your Email(*)

Company

Telephone(*)

×